As principal at Horace Mann, I am fortunate to work with a wonderful staff, who is dedicated to raising achievement for all students. Horace Mann's test scores are rising yearly for all sub groups. We have implemented many educational programs designed to meet the needs of all students. As a parent you are your child's first teacher and together we can make your childs educational experience a positive one. Here are some ways you can help your child:
- Make sure your children get plenty of rest.
- Develop a morning routine so they arrive at school on time and ready to begin the day.
- Set aside a study time and assist with homework.
- Help your child develop a positive attitude about school.
- Help your child develop good study habits.
- Develop your child's vocabulary by having conversations and asking them questions.
- Read to your child or have them read to you daily.
- Visit your children's classroom so you can observe what education is taking place.
- Volunteer to help at school.
[ Print This Page ] [ Email This Page ]